- Born and raised in Iwate prefecture in the northern part of Japan.
- Completed Bakery course at Tsuji Culinary Institute
- Completed sushi training at Tokyo Sushi Academy
- Certified Decorative-sushi instructor by JSIA (Japan Sushi Instructors Association)
- Taught Japanese cooking classes in Malaysia
Conducted regular Japanese cooking classes for individuals, parties, and corporate
events and gave cooking demonstrations at Japanese cultural events.
- B.A. in Japanese Language and Literature
- M.A. in Linguistic Studies
- Taught Japanese at a University in India through JICA (Japan International
- Taught Japanese at several schools in New Zealand through Japan Foundation.
During this stay, held many cooking classes for students and was often invited by
other schools for Japanese cooking classes.